AKA, Geir Thorud's working document. His comments follow.
I have uploaded a document that tries to piece together an information architecture for
- Exchange of information about sources, reference notes (incl. citations) and bibliographies
- Exchange of information about Source Types, Citation elements and templates
- A solution that can download data from source meta data in databases (this is currently not discussed in detail in the document)
A sub-goal is also to handle Evidence Explained, but the proposal goes much further in terms of internationalization and laying the ground for a solution that I hope will work in cooperation with internet services that are not dedicated to genealogy only.
The work is not complete, but there is little point in doing more work before the fundamental direction has been agreed.
I realize that work on defining the details of the architecture, and especially the definition of “General CitationElements” will require a lot of work. In addition to discussing the details of the architecture, it is important to discuss if it is realistic to start work on this and how to proceed – see especially clause 22 in the documents which lists a number of issues on this.
I have created two initial discussions
- Questions and clarifications on version 0.4
- Do we want to do this work – How - Prioritization of work items
In addition to these, I suggest that you create separate discussions on details in the solution, so that we can avoid one mega discussion.
I hope to revise the document in order to clarify things, and take note of comments.
Version 0.4 can be found here