- Genealogical citations represent the record of Evidence that supports Conclusions. Applications design source and citations systems to support their users' practices, often incorporating an interpretation of one citation style or another. BetterGEDCOM is working to develop
(1) an awareness about citation styles [see Modern style guides
(2) particular awareness about the genealogical citation style aspects of Elizabeth Shown Mills' //Evidence!// series
as a growing number of Applications this style.
(3) how these guidelines influence user and Application practices
(4) International application of citation principles
Robert Raymond, FamilySearch
, ICE presentation
BetterGEDCOM's About Citations
, and the companion wiki pages, Citation Graphics
, Software Citations
, Citation Mechanics
, Citation Specific Fields
, Master Source
Genealogical Proof Standard / Research Process Map
- Progress!! Items below are IN
the BetterGEDCOM Requirements Catalog!
Please add a discussion to this page
- BetterGEDCOM should enable citations for parent-child relationships. .... [this will link to Requirements Catalog; there will be a secondary link to external support]
- BetterGEDCOM should enable the export of research notes, including source-linked research notes. [Link to Requirements Catalog (Administrative, including Admin01-Admin011, which pertain to various research related requirements. See also related discussion]
- BetterGEDCOM should directly support categorization of Source Form, Information Class and Evidence Type. [Link to Requirements Catalog or related discussion; there will be a secondary link to external support]
- BetterGEDCOM should continue to transfer QUAY records, but revision to the definition in GEDCOM 5.5 is necessary to eliminate conflicts between this record and both the Research Process Map and GPS. [Link to Requirements Catalog and related discussion. Link to EE & GPS support related material.]
to comment on what else BetterGEDCOM should do to advance best practices?