BetterGEDCOM Developers Meeting
7 Nov 2011
Geir Thorud, GeneJ Composer, Robert Burkhead, Tamura Jones, Wesley Johnston, Andy Hatchett, Pat Richley. Absent by notice: Dovy
MINUTES OF LAST MEETING:
Monday 31 Oct 2011 Meeting Notes
ITEM: Update about Membership Survey
ACTION: Report accepted
ITEM: Update about Indexing of Wiki Pages
DISCUSSION: Re-indexing is done. Date order – newly named pages have redirects to the original.
ITEM: Combining Louis and Tom’s programs, or give end-user the option.
DISCUSSION: What is the common ground between these two programs?
Tom – automatic combination of individuals. Need a 1-page document to flesh out a possible merging of Tom and Louis's views. What are the agreements in the beginning including a description of the goal.
ACTION: ? to contact Tom and Louis
ITEM: International Sources & Citations
Waiting for SourceTemplates: See former discussions on the wiki:
For the nitty-gritty details:
ACTION: Next week with Andy.
ITEM: BetterGEDCOM at RootsTech2012
DISCUSSION: Meet night before RT at Myrt’s condo in downtown SLC, and regroup via text message each morning, to assure we attend all “GEDCOMy” sessions. Attendees so far: Robert Burkhead, Christine, Myrt.
ACTION: Continue to discuss this each week.
ITEM:Update about "Developing the Organization"
Committee Members: Roger, Andy, Geir, GeneJ and Robert.
Send wiki email to Andy or GeneJ if you wish to join.
DISCUSSION: Are we going to work on standards organization that all vendors will join? What is the role of BetterGEDCOM? Top-down approach. Report from the group:
- Google Group for ad-hoc committee
- Related items on Google Docs
- Asked for initial comments from ad-hoc committee members
- Developed prelim org chart
ACTION: Continue discussion next meeting.